An easy way to elevate a meal is by adding a simple green salad as a side dish. Keep the following items on your permanent grocery list and a salad is quick and easy to put together:
- A package of your favorite greens
- An addition such as a tomato, cucumber, or red onion
- Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
- A package of croutons (or make your own if you have more time).
- 3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil, such as Olio Santo
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
- Freshly ground pepper
As the old saying goes, we eat first with our eyes. A green salad on the table, particularly in winter, is a treat to the eye and a crunchy, delicious compliment to a meal.
As always, links to Amazon are provided for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a small commission if, after clicking a link, you subsequently make a purchase. Thank you!
Post a Comment